Effective Date: April 22, 2020
Which Services are Covered?
- On the Clean Energy Social Website.
- Through email, SMS, chat or other online communications between you and Clean Energy Social.
- When you interact with a Clean Energy Social job search widget and/or banner and/or link contained in job advertisements that are located on a third-party website, where the owner of the third-party website has hired Clean Energy Social to provide services to the third party and/or your interaction brings you to a Clean Energy Social Website.
- WHO WE ARE
The Website is owned and operated by Clean Energy Jobs List, LLC, dba Clean Energy Social ("Clean Energy Social")
14550 W Amherst Pl, Lakewood, Colorado 80228, USA
2. KEY TERMS
- Non-Personal Data: Data that is not considered Personal Data under applicable law. We reserve the right to treat data as Personal Data or Non-Personal Data based on the law applicable to the data and the data subject.
- Personal Data: Any information or pieces of information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you or your personal device either directly (e.g., your name) or, where required by applicable law indirectly (e.g., through pseudonymised data, such as a unique ID number). This means that Personal Data includes things like email/home addresses, usernames, user generated content, financial information, and health information. It could also include certain Technical Data (defined below) such as unique numerical identifiers like your computer's IP address or your mobile device's MAC address, as well as cookies ("Device IDs"), where required by applicable law
- Special Categories of Personal Data: Sensitive Personal Data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership; Genetic and biometric data; and Data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation.
3. DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
A. Personal Data
As permitted by applicable law in the country from which you access our Website and use our Services, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you. We have grouped these into the following categories of Personal Data:
- "Identity Data" such as first name, maiden name, last name, resume/CV, Social Media profile, username or similar identifier.
- "Contact Data" such as physical address, email address, social media address, telephone number, and any other contact information you provide to us.
- "Financial Data" such as payment card details. However, please note that payment methods (e.g., credit card number and/or PayPal and/or bank account details) are not collected by us directly, but by secure payment service providers.
- "Transaction Data" such as details about payments to and from you, and details regarding the services that you have subscribed to or purchased through a Clean Energy Social Website.
- "Technical Data" such as Device IDs, your login data, access dates and times, browser type and version, device information, cookie data, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
- "Profile Data" such as your username and password, orders made by you, preferences, user-generated content, job searches, candidate searches, job applications, feedback and survey responses.
- "Usage Data" such as information about how you use our Website, products and services.
- "Marketing and Communications Data" such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third-parties and your communication preferences.
B. Non-Personal Data
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data since it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
C. If You Fail to Provide Personal Data Where Such Data is Required to Provide Services to You
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, or a prospective contract, and you fail to provide that Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). If so, we may have to cancel the service you have with us (or have requested from us), and you accept that as a condition of service.
D. Data That You Should Not Provide to Us
4. HOW DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect Personal Data from and about you including, for example:
A. Direct Interaction with Us
You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data, Profile Data, and other information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- sign-up for a paid subscription
- create an account on our Website
- request information to be sent to you
- submit your CV/resume to our profile database
- give us feedback
- apply to a job posted on our Website
- sign up for email or SMS job alerts
- authorize Clean Energy Social to connect your account to the account of a "Connected Site" (e.g., Google, LinkedIn, Monster, Facebook or Twitter), we may be able to access information you have provided to the Connected Site, such as profile information, content information, timeline feeds, contact and follow lists, network statistics, and/or updates regarding your Connected Site account
- B. Automated Technologies or Interactions
As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Data and Non-Personal Data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data and Usage Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies and other Tracking Technologies (defined below). For more information regarding our use of Tracking Technologies, please refer to "Cookies and Similar Technologies" below.
C. Third Parties
We may receive Personal Data in the form of Technical Data and Usage Data about you from various third-parties such as analytics providers or advertising networks.
D. Clean Energy Social as a Service Provider (Data Processor)
In certain instances, our clients hire Clean Energy Social to provide services on behalf of the client. In such case, we process Personal Data under the direction of that client (the data controller) and have no direct relationship with the individuals (data subjects) whose Personal Data we process.
Where Clean Energy Social processes your Personal Data in the capacity of a service provider (data processor), and you seek access, or want to correct, amend, or delete your Personal Data, or have other request, we will provide you with the data controller's contact information, so you can contact them directly. In rare instances, however, circumstances may necessitate Clean Energy Social assisting you with your question or request.
For example, some clients hire Clean Energy Social to send job alert emails to their job seekers who have requested job alert emails from such clients. In these cases, Clean Energy Social acts as a service provider (i.e., data processor) to the client, who is the data controller. When Clean Energy Social provides services in the capacity of a service provider, it acts under the instructions and at the direction of such client (i.e., the data controller). In the foregoing example, if you are a job seeker who has requested job alert emails from one of our clients, the client will provide us certain Personal Data about you (such as your name, email address, the type of job you want, and your preferred geographic location) to ensure that the job alert emails meet your search criteria. If you have questions or requests about your Personal Data with respect to the job alert emails, we will provide you with the data controllers contact information so that you can contact the data controller directly.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
A. Use of Non-Personal Data
B. Use of Personal Data
In the table below, we have described (i) in what context your Personal Data was collected, i.e., what activity you were involved in when we collected or used your Personal Data; (ii) the types of Personal Data that we hold about you; (iii) how and why we use your Personal Data; and (iv) the reasons we hold and use your Personal Data. We will amend the table as required. We have also provided you with an explanation of some of the terms we use in this table:
(a) 'User Experience' means our goals in conducting and managing our business, to give you the best user experience when using our Website, products, and Services.
(b) 'Performance of Contract' means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
(c) 'Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation' means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
(d) 'Consent' means that you consent to our use of your Personal Data for one or more specific purposes. Where we rely on your consent to use your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
CONTEXT IN WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
THE REASONS WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Account Creation and Management
Newsletter and Marketing Communications
Purchases, Subscriptions, and/or Order Management
Use of Website/Mobile Apps
Online Browsing Where your Personal Data may be collected by cookies or similar technologies
Where your Personal Data was collected during a promotion, contest survey or feedback
Such as profile, resumes/CVs, job ads, ratings
Enquiries and Messaging Initiated by You
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
A. Personal Data
We may share Personal Data with the following parties:
- Companies within our business family that comprise Clean Energy Social. Access to your Personal Data will be controlled and only granted where necessary to provide our services to you and/or to allow us to perform any necessary or legitimate functions.
- Service providers that we use to support our business and/or help provide our services to you, including, but not limited to, third-parties that host our Website, assist us to verify your identity, perform website and platform maintenance, risk assessments, and security, perform data and web analytics, provide databases, IT services, customer service, payment platforms and credit card processing, communication services, and email services. These service providers may be located in the United States and/or other countries.
- Professional advisers, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, financial, auditing, and accounting services to us so we can operate our business.
- Taxing authorities, such as the Internal Revenue Service.
- Fraud prevention and identity verification services where we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Clean Energy Social, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with third-parties for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and credit risk reduction.
- Third-parties, where you have expressly consented to the disclosure of your Personal Data.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, supervisory authorities, regulatory bodies and certain other third-parties, to the extent that we are permitted or required to do so by law, or in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or in the interests of national security, or to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity.
- If you are a job seeker and apply to a job posting on our Website, we will share your Personal Data with:
- prospective employers and/or their agents, including but not limited to, external Applicant Tracking Systems or any other external systems used by the direct employer to manage the hiring of employees or other categories of workers.
- prospective employers and/or their agents or representative, if you have opted-in to our profile database. You can opt-out of your information being available in our profile database at any time by deleting your account on Clean Energy Social
Please Note: Please ensure that the profile information and resume associated with your account is up-to-date, so when you apply for a job vacancy through a Clean Energy Social Website, the employer receives your most recent resume.
- Upon your authorization, the Services may also post information directly to the timeline of your Connected Site Account.
- From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities ("Events") on our Services together with a third-party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use that you approve. We cannot control third parties' use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
B. Non-Personal Data
7. HOW LONG YOUR DATA WILL BE KEPT TOP
Different retention periods apply for different types of Personal Data and in determining the appropriate retention period, we consider several criteria, including, but not limited to, the purpose for which we hold your Personal Data, our legal, accounting, reporting and/or regulatory obligations in relation to that Personal Data, e.g., financial or tax reporting obligations, whether our relationship with you is ongoing, e.g., where you use more than one of our products and/or services, any specific request you may have made in relation to the deletion of your Personal Data, or where we have a legitimate interest in relation to the management of our own rights, e.g., the defense of any claims. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once you no longer have a relationship with us, we will retain and securely destroy your Personal Data subject to the foregoing and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If you request to receive no further contact from us, we will keep some basic information about you on our suppression list in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future.
8. YOUR DATA SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services, in accordance with applicable law.
A. Data Subject Rights
Depending on applicable law, you may have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
WHAT CAN YOU REQUEST
Right to Information
The right to know what Personal Data we hold about you and how we use it.
Right of Access
The right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data (subject to certain restrictions).
Right of Rectification
The right to require us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. If you have a user account with us, you also have the option of correcting your information directly in your account.
Right to withdraw consent at any time
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you have any complaints about how Clean Energy Social handles Personal Data, please send an email to email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to help you with any concern or questions you may have about the use of our services, and we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
For residents located in Nevada: Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know Clean Energy Social does not currently sell data triggering the opt-out requirements under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
For data subjects located in Canada: If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC).
For data subjects located in Australia: We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs"), which regulate how we collect, use, disclose, store, correct and protect your Personal Data. If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Method for Requesting Information Pursuant to Your Rights
If you would like to exercise any of the data subject access rights in the table above (each, an "Access Request") please send an email to email@example.com, with your specific request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
No Fee Usually Required
You will not usually be required to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances and, in such case, we will notify you within a reasonable timeframe regarding our reasons for refusing to act on your request.
What We May Need from You
Once we receive your Data Subject Request, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If we are not clear as to what you are requesting, we may also need to contact you for clarification so we can more fully respond to your request.
If we cannot locate any records about you, we may also ask you for additional information to assist us in locating records, if they exist.
Time Limit to Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within the timeframes required under applicable law. Occasionally it may take us longer than the time period required under applicable law if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you as to the reason for the delay.
B. Deleting Your Account
9. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (as defined by the California Shine the Light Act) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we provide them with an ability to exercise choice regarding such disclosures. We comply with this law by providing California residents with the ability to opt-out of, or prospectively withdraw their consent, if they have previously opted-in to, the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, to receive confirmation of how we comply with this law, or to make a request or to opt out at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at the address provided in Section 20 below. Any request must include "California Privacy Rights Request" in the first line of the description and must include the requestor's name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
We may use your Personal Data to send you information about the services provided by Clean Energy Social; provided, however that we will obtain consent to do so where required by applicable law. You may unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails by clicking "Unsubscribe" in any promotional e-mail communications we send you. As permitted by applicable law, you cannot opt-out of non-marketing, services-related notices.
11. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and the website from which the application was downloaded.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
12. DATA SECURITY
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data we process about you.
However, no transmission of information via the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, you acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control and accordingly, the security, integrity and privacy of data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your login or account credentials with anyone and keep your account information secure. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards, where information will be available to other users of the Website. If you believe that your access credentials or Personal Data have been compromised, please contact us immediately.
13. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
Our Website may from time to time, contain links to third-party services such as websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties. If you follow a link to or otherwise access any of these third-party services, these third-party services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Data from you. Please note that these third-party services have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these parties' policies or practices. Please check these policies before you share any Personal Data with these third-party services.
The Website may include tools provided by us or third-party services that enable you to send a message to another person. If you use any such tools, please ensure that you only send messages to persons to whom you have permission to send messages. Absent the recipient's consent, we will only use their Personal Data that you provide us to facilitate such messages.
14. PUBLIC FORUMS
15. QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have a complaint, or if you have any questions or requests regarding your Personal Data, please email us email@example.com, and specify the country in which you are located. We welcome the opportunity to help you with any concern or questions you have about the use of our services.
17. MINORS AND CHILDREN
Our Services and the Websites are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18 years. Clean Energy Social does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register to use our Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Data of a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data to the extent required by applicable law as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Privacy Questions or Requests. If you have any questions regarding our Personal Data practices, or would like to unsubscribe, please contact us at email@example.com.
14550 W Amherst Pl, Lakewood, Colorado 80228, USA